- Two 101st Soldiers killed by IED device while on patrol *…*
September 4, 2010 – We salute you and honor you and other heroes serving in harms way. Our heart-felt sympathy to your family and friends.
- *U.S. Army* Delays Ground Combat Vehicle – Defense News
September 4, 2010 – Granted these vehicles have a serious lead-time (7 years), but wouldn’t it be great if we could get it “right” the first time?
- Unanswered *Policy* Questions on *U.S.* Troops – Council on Foreign *…*
September 4, 2010 – Mr Haass raises important “questions” for which the answers are still somewhat vague. Just because you declare and “end to combat operations” doesn’t mean combat is over. The 50,000 troops we have in Iraq are not Peace Corps volunteers.
- Afghan withdrawal date ’emboldens’ Taliban
September 4, 2010 – Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Tough call regardless of your views on Afghanistan. All the more reason for the Afghanistan government and those that support “the better angels” to get on board and learn to take care of themselves.
- US defence chief Gates meets Karzai amid disagreement
September 4, 2010 – “Western media” to blame for corruption in Afghanistan. I think not! It’s a sad commentary when we are shedding American blood in a country where you are never confident if the leadership has your back.
- Dementia Risk Higher in Veterans with PTSD
September 4, 2010 – This is a topic that can’t be swept under the carpet. Let’s make sure our troops have the best care possible.
- Debunking the myth-making of the US military
September 4, 2010 – Pat Tillman was a hero and an inspiration to all who serve our courtry. It is a shame that our military brass was involved in a cover-up that casts doubts on the integrity and honesty of our military leadership.