On the Army’s effectiveness testing of body armor for the troops, a 2009 GAO report concluded: “Overall reliability and repeatability of the test results are uncertain.” To that, Army Brig. Gen. Peter N. Fuller, Program Executive Officer of the Soldier Systems Center at Ft. Belvoir said:Continue Reading →
- *Military* contractors' epic overcharging
Just the tip of the iceberg.
- SEN. DORGAN: DOD IG REPORT CONFIRMS PENTAGON DROPPED THE BALL ON *…*
Very disturbing. Why does it take so long to learn the truth when we are trying to protect the ...
A week ago, SFTT received a request from a concerned parent (whose son is expected to deploy shortly to Afghanistan) inquiring whether a service member is obligated to wear “US government approved” equipment or is free to use protective gear and combat equipment purchased from other firms.
The question is in response to numerous reports from the field that suggest that “non-authorized” equipment may be confiscated and, in fact, life and heath insurance benefits may be forfeited if a service member is wounded or killed ...Continue Reading →
- Dragon skin *body armor*. Still a hot item? – Page 2 – Survivalist Forum
October 9, 2010 – The debate rages on! A couple of fellows weigh in on the flawed testing procedures and unusual sweetheart deal with Interceptor body armor.
- Point Blank Solutions Awarded Concealable *Body Armor* Contract *…*
October 9, 2010 – Business as usual for ...
- Court Tosses $35.2 Million *Body*-*Armor* Settlement
October 2, 2010 – This sad story never seems to go away.
- BAE Develops ‘Three in One’ *Body Armor* | Kit Up!
October 2, 2010 – When military contractors talk about “add-ons” and “customization” features I see extra costs. Is this a serious piece of protective gear or just a promotional piece?
- Continue Reading →
- U.S. Army Awards General Dynamics $35 Million to Produce M2A1 *…*
September 25, 2010 – Let’s hope that spare parts are not deficient.
- M24 Reconfigured Sniper Weapon System « Soldier Systems
September 25, 2010 – Looks like an upgrade in the works.
- Flamboyant Executive of Possibly Defective Military Body Armor Convicted of Fraud
September 18, 2010 – For the sake of our men and women in uniform, we do hope the “truth” will soon emerge.
- *Body*-*armor* boss guilty | Latest News, News Today, News Online *…*
September 18, 2010 – Is this the end of the story or just the beginning?
- Point Blank Solutions Wins Three-Year Detroit Police Department Contract
September 11, 2010 – Interesting how a company in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy continues to get awarded body armor contracts. Can’t we do better?
- What is your opinion on issuing new *sidearms* to US *military* *…*
September 11, 2010 – It seems that we opted for the Beretta M9 just to appease ...
- Two 101st Soldiers killed by IED device while on patrol *…*
September 4, 2010 – We salute you and honor you and other heroes serving in harms way. Our heart-felt sympathy to your family and friends.
- *U.S. Army* Delays Ground Combat Vehicle – Defense News
September 4, 2010 – Granted these vehicles have a serious lead-time (7 years), but wouldn’t it ...