- Point Blank Solutions Wins Three-Year Detroit Police Department Contract
September 11, 2010 – Interesting how a company in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy continues to get awarded body armor contracts. Can’t we do better?
- What is your opinion on issuing new *sidearms* to US *military* *…*
September 11, 2010 – It seems that we opted for the Beretta M9 just to appease our European NATO allies. Not sure that we have the guts to change to a more reliable sidearm.
- Approving *Military* Equipment *Procurement*. | Angry Bear
September 11, 2010 – Absolutely spot on! The Defense Acquisition Board, Congress and military and civilian leaders are not doing an adequate job monitoring how taxpayer funds are being used to fund military programs. The GAO consistently picks up the pieces of inadequate test procedures, contracts awarded without bids and outright lies and misrepresentations by military contractors. This is a shame, but who wants to deal with Beltway corruption? Our troops in the field bear the brunt of this “broken” procurement process and taxpayers foot the bill to the joy of military contractors. Such a shame.
- Top *Army* Brass Still Don’t Think Brain Injuries Count
September 11, 2010 – Even with a 350 page report documenting the tragic effects of BTI on military personnel, some of our brass still doesn’t want to understand the tragic “unintended consequences” of war. Such a pity.
- Pentagon Attempts to Block Book Exposing Afghan War Secrets
September 11, 2010 – Ummmmm . . . I thought Wikileaks had exposed most of the Afghan War secrets. Obviously, the US Army censors couldn’t recognize a “secret” if it was served up on a silver platter. At least the author got his royalties.
- *US Army* to Design New Uniforms for Female Soldiers
September 11, 2010 – Gosh, it took the military brass quite some time to see the difference. Delighted that our brave women in service will finally get uniforms that fit.
- *US Army* recommends acupuncture for injured soldiers
September 11, 2010 – Probably not a bad idea. Too bad acupuncture is not covered under my medical insurance policy. What will the drug lobby and medical profession say about this?
- *US Army* developing helmets that control soldiers’ brains | WORLD *…*
September 11, 2010 – Please! I know we experimented with drugs to alter troop behavior(unsuccessfully and with awful side-effects) so surely this can’t be true. How about some Mozart to stimulate “little grey cells.” If the Army wants to program something, how about robots?
- Colonel Fired For Criticizing The *US Military’s* “PowerPoint *…*
September 11, 2010 – “Curiouser and curiouser,” cried Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
- GI will be first living Medal of Honor winner from Afghan *war*
September 11, 2010 – You honor the men and women who serve in harm’s way.
- *U.S. Army* Plan To Modernize Armored Vehicles Makes Sense – Defense *…*
September 9, 2010 – Quite agree. I don’t have much confidence.
- Karzai seeks to restrict *US* role in graft inquiries
September 9, 2010 – How can we be surprised?
- Woodward book to be called ‘Obama’s Wars’
September 9, 2010 – Insights into the thought process and decisions of military and civilian leaders on the Afghanistan War from Bob Woodward.
- UK Special Representative Cowper-Coles resigns after criticism *…*
September 9, 2010 – The abrupt resignation of British Special Representative to Afghanistan and Pakistan, Sherard Cowper-Coles, has already created anti-war protests in the UK and I suspect this will intensify in the coming weeks.
- Army opens high-speed test track for *war* vehicles
September 9, 2010 – Interesting concept, but don’t helicopters work better? Did we really need to to fund a test track at Aberdeen? Curious.
- General Sir Richard Dannatt reveals “perfect storm” of political incompetence *…*
September 8, 2010 – Interesting “memoir” on how Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were not on the same page when it came to deploying UK troops. Clearly, the military suffered.
- First *US* troops killed in Iraq after Obama declared *US* combat mission over
September 8, 2010 – Iraq is still dangerous for the 50,000 US military still serving in harm’s way.
- East Canton mourns loss of ‘real hero’ *US Army* Staff Sgt. Kevin Kessler, a *…*
September 8, 2010 – SFTT salutes this brave hero.
- Tom Engelhardt: Will Our Generals Ever Shut Up? The *Military’s* *…*
September 8, 2010 – Synopsis of various books circulating around the DC Beltway on military leadership. Conspiracy theory abound as our military leadership is being forced to voice their opinions publically. Their job is to provide “wise counsel” to our civilian leadership and not be used as a media vehicle to promote dissent. Most difficult in an “open” society.
- In a Major CIA Reassessment, *US* Will Escalate *Military* Operations *…*
September 8, 2010 – Yemen now on the radar. Pretty frightenting.