Posts Tagged ‘Military Rifles’
- Dragon skin *body armor*. Still a hot item? – Page 2 – Survivalist Forum
October 9, 2010 – The debate rages on! A couple of fellows weigh in on the flawed testing procedures and unusual sweetheart deal with Interceptor body armor.
- Point Blank Solutions Awarded Concealable *Body Armor* Contract *…*
October 9, 2010 – Business as usual for a company in bankruptcy.
- U.S. *Military* to Purchase Improved Combat *Helmet* Sensors for *…*
October 9, 2010 – We already have over two years of data captured by these sensors. Why not analyze it now?
- Bright delivers hybrid van for *US Army* testing, won’t be hitting a battlefield *…*
October 9, 2010 – Honestly, can’t we waste taxpayer money a little more efficiently? To paraphrase Gordon Gecko, “green is good,” as long as someone else is footing the bill.
- iRobot Announces $14 Million Order from the *U.S. Army*
October 9, 2010 – Robotic bomb disposal contract.
- *US Army* Sniper Rifle Upgrades | We Who Served
October 9, 2010 – Very good news indeed.
- *US Army* Selects Booz Allen Led Team for Rapid Response Third Generation Program
October 9, 2010 – What in the hell is an “indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract? Must be nice.
- *USMC* (Ret.) John Bernard on Understanding Our Failed Policy in Afghanistan
October 9, 2010 – Click through to read the entire blog posting. The synopsis doesn’t do it justice. Confused objectives cost lives of brave military men and women. Did we have the right strategy to confront the enemy? Who is the enemy? Failure to clearly define the mission results in impromtu rules of engagement to fit the consequences of the situation not the desired results.
- The Cost of *War*: Traumatic Brain Injuries number 180000, could be as many as *…*
October 9, 2010 – The numbers of military veterans living with TBI keeps climbing. Could this have been avoided with better helmets, protective gear and earlier treatment?
- Court Tosses $35.2 Million *Body*-*Armor* Settlement
October 2, 2010 – This sad story never seems to go away.
- BAE Develops ‘Three in One’ *Body Armor* | Kit Up!
October 2, 2010 – When military contractors talk about “add-ons” and “customization” features I see extra costs. Is this a serious piece of protective gear or just a promotional piece?
- Is the *US Army* serious about replacing the M4? « Strike – Hold!
October 2, 2010 – Good question. Despite its age and inadequacies, not sure there is the commitment to change.
- General Dynamics Awarded $25 Million by *U.S. Army* to Produce MK47 Weapon Systems
October 2, 2010 – New grenade launcher.
- *Army* establishes *Army* Cyber Command
October 2, 2010 – Not sure I understand the mission: ARCYBER’s mission is to plan, coordinate, integrate, synchronize, direct, and conduct network operations and defense of all Army networks. When directed, ARCYBER will conduct cyberspace operations in support of full spectrum operations to ensure U.S. and allied freedom of action in cyberspace, and to deny the same to adversaries.
Does each military branch need their own cyber security?
- Yemen as much a threat as *Afghanistan*, report says
October 2, 2010 – This is certainly not good news.
- Gates says too few in US bear the burdens of *war*
October 2, 2010 – Interesting perspective from Secretary Gates on attracting and retaining qualified officers for the military.
- *War* veterans’ care to cost $1.3 trillion
October 2, 2010 – The cost of committing US troops to combat has long term consequences that are often overlooked when determining whether the “costs” justify the intended security benefits.
- Military thwarted president seeking choice in *Afghanistan*
September 28, 2010 – Can’t wait to get a copy of Bob Woodward’s book. Not convinced the military brass sand-bagged the President. If you seek a “military solution” then it it probably best to consult our military leadership. If you are looking for a “diplomatic” or “political” solution, then it might be better to seek counsel from other sources. Most importantly, if you are seeking to determine whether American lives lost (and maimed) and the countless billions of dollars of scare resources are worth the hoped for military, diplomatic or political “solution,” then please seek counsel from history and trusted advisors and friends who put our country’s long-term well-being ahead of any particular agenda. In other words, don’t ask the pastry chef to give you menu options.
- U.S. Army Awards General Dynamics $35 Million to Produce M2A1 *…*
September 25, 2010 – Let’s hope that spare parts are not deficient.
- M24 Reconfigured Sniper Weapon System « Soldier Systems
September 25, 2010 – Looks like an upgrade in the works.
- Contractor death toll surpasses *military’s* in Iraq, Afghanistan
September 25, 2010 – Interesting and worrisome! Just because the guy is wearing a suit rather than a uniform doesn’t mean we have “peace and stability.”
- War News Updates: What Is The *U.S. Army* Of The Future Going To *…*
September 25, 2010 – Totally agree! Planning built on today’s military/political landscape will probably leave us unprepared for the next conflict.
- *U.S. Army* General Provides Insight Into the Future of the Army *…*
September 25, 2010 – Maybe I’m reading between the lines, but General Chairelli seems to think our military procurement system is working OK, but our troops are exhausted from long deployments. Will that change? It’s a shame that he was addressing military equipment vendors. Who is the lobbyist for our troops?
- *US* military suicide prevention efforts fail-report
September 25, 2010 – Hey Washington, we have a problem! It does seem that the US Army military leadership has taken the bull by the horns and is beginning to address the “unintended consequences” of war and the difficulties associated with diagnosing TBI. We hope that our brave men and women in uniform will get the proper treatment.
- *U.S. Army* on a Hiring Spree to Bulk Up Its Contracting Workforce
September 25, 2010 – Is this just another example of a new feeding frenzy for “mentors,” “lobbyists” and other “connected” vendors at taxpayer expense? The military industrial complex seems to be alive and well. Please,”Say it ain’t so, GI Joe!”
- *US Army* Continues to Probe Burial Mix-Ups at Arlington National *…*
September 25, 2010 – We concur with John McHugh, Secretary of the Army, “There is simply no excuse.”
- BARBER: ‘Gays,’ guns and mad social science
September 25, 2010 – Let’s keep our focus and make sure that the young men and women serving in harm’s way have the best combat gear and protective gear available, regardless of their sexual orientation.
- US Defense Chief: Passionate Debate, Not Division over Afghan *War* Strategy
September 25, 2010 – I see nothing wrong with a “heated” debate when you commit US troops to combat. I would expect nothing less and, indeed, it is reassuring that passionate debate ensues before making these difficult decisions.
- Military brass defend Afghan strategy
September 25, 2010 – Ah! Now I understand. I didn’t realize that we were in the third phase of a “three phase war.” Did President’s Bush and Obama realize this? Did the American public understand? Please, cut the sophistry.
- Who Will Face the Music for Iraq’s Future?
September 20, 2010 – This is an interesting article.